The state of Texas has experienced historically severe flooding as a result of Hurricane Harvey. Areas along the state’s coast were heavily affected by the storm, which forced many residents to be displaced from their homes. The Open Mortgage corporate office is located in Austin, Texas, which is not far from the disaster areas. We have witnessed the emotional distress on evacuees, and it has motivated our employees, as well as our extended family of followers on social media, to join relief efforts. We have listed below different local and national charitable organizations which you can help to rescue and rebuild those affected by the disastrous weather.
How Can We Help?
Donate Early and Often
How Else Can We Help?
- We can offer shelter: through Airbnb or this Facebook page.
- We can offer the use of our boats: The Harris County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Port Arthur have put out calls on twitter.
- We can volunteer our time: Check out this page to find where you can help.
- We can donate blood: The Red Cross collects blood throughout the country.
- We can use our specific skills and knowledge: Are you a chef, military veteran (active or retired) or first responder, health or mental health professional, medical professional, lawyer, or musician?